Wednesday, July 29, 2009

10.30 pm

...and all is well during the blogging hour. Al was asleep on the couch as we watched Chaser / United States of Tara / Movie Show but was rudely awakened when I accidentally knocked over some of the chess pieces I had next to me while I continued my chess addiction on chessmaniac. After my current 16 (?) games remaining, I am going to have to cut it right out as it is soaking up way too much time. I even went to sleep last night dreaming about the chess games which is not at all conducive to sleep... always better to stick to the Oscar winners reciting. Did I mention I've basically memorised all the Oscar winners in the Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor and Best Actress categories? Ken H tested me out this afternoon with 1973, but I was equal to the task. He tells me he is memorising Under Milk Wood by Dylan Thomas - amazing!
Took the morning off to see our new financial planner Troy with Al at I'pilly. He inspires a lot of confidence, being clearly more proactive than most others we've had in the past. He's easier to understand as well! Today was really about sorting out Al's insurance situation and also investing $15000 we didn't realise we had sitting in cash into an ASX200 fund. I reckon it's definitely time for that because the market looks still pretty cheap but rising all the time.
Tomorrow is the good old Thursday 8-straight so I hope all hangs together. Meant to write my RAVE magazine report tonight but it didn't happen - the lure of the chessboard was too strong. It's due Friday so I'd better get my act together on that.
Verity all smiles after Baby Born swimmer started working. Al got some great shots of her in the bath, wearing togs and goggles to add to the occasion.
Had a good chiro visit and soccer practice tonight as well. Team seems keen to get back into the winners' list after their two recent losses. Dec volunteered to be keeper for a half which is probably not so bad, but not great either. We'll see what happens with that. OK, good night from me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment