Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday night fever

Sunday school / church not bad. Saw Mum for a while then home. Al not well but Tommy came to take kids to park for a while as payback for looking after their kids yesterday so all good. Watched Eastwood's Gran Tarino in a couple of parts while kids were away - enjoyed it quite a lot, probably more than Million Dollar Baby. He's just a very good director who knows what he's doing and doesn't make things too tricky. I don't know that it took me to any new emotional peaks, but it was good all the same. Catholic priest figure doesn't come out of it too badly either.
Still a bit worried about the curric review meeting tomorrow, but I'll have a decent half hour at least to get my act together, and it doesn't look like I'm going first so hopefully someone else will have softened them up. I suspect that RAVE is an area I will be able to make look good in terms of what we're doing, but of course I'm much more concerned about whether these consultants are looking at the overall WMAC strategy of having a sense of community and common purpose driving all we do etc. Hope I can express that in reasonable terms to them.
Anyway, better head to bed so I'm at least a little fresh tomorrow. Playing a fair amount of online chess at present - probably too much so better cool off over next few days. Chatted a bit with some of my chessmaniac team-mates tonight, including Martin from France. Weird discussion about Men at Work and Peter Garrett - amazing which Australians are known overseas!
Reading Zusak's The Book Thief - still not sure what I make of it so far. Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment