Saturday, July 18, 2009

The weekend comes...

At last: a big sleep in today as planned followed by another one this afternoon - it's a good investment of time as I would otherwise go crazy. Yummy dinner and at last a chat with Al about her 40th. If she is working (i.e. part time away from home), it means we would have the money to pay for quite a few of our projects and plans which at the moment are up in the air e.g. new kitchen, long-service trip to New York, and... a trip to Melbourne for her 40th. If she isn't, I reckon we could still afford it, but I guess it's all about opportunity cost, etc. She thinks her buddies may well organise their own parties and events for her, which obviously makes my job easier though not really what I had in mind.
Watching Foyle's War now - what a great show. Sat in front of the Bill but didn't take a lot in. A regular minor character recently has been played by an actress I now know to be Naomi Ryan - wow, she's stunning. She was severely bashed in the episode tonight, but hopefully she'll stick around for the sake of me and other fans!
Haven't played any bass guitar now for weeks, and that's annoying. Need to take it back to see if I can lower the action a little, but I might see if I can fit in a short session tomorrow.
Dec's soccer team got hammered today - 10-3 down, with a couple of guys away and up against the other really good team in their comp. I'm pleased because I'm hoping it will make the players listen more carefully to the coaches at training, rather than running around doing their own thing. Dec was keeper in the 2nd half and did a pretty good job. There's no doubt in my mind I would have been no better and probably much worse at his age, and I told him so. I didn't get any soccer skills together until sometime in Yr 7 or later, though I think I may have been a little faster than most. Anyway, at least the team weren't crying or bitching and moaning after their loss like some teams I saw in my younger years.
Verity told me today her ballet teacher gave her a high-five for knowing what a jete is! Excellent. She demonstrated a couple back and forth in the kitchen.
Big Sunday tomorrow - Sunday School resumes; then video recording Bob and Jean; then doing some social service work for Church; then dinner at Mum's. Maybe I should have done more schoolwork today after all.
Rev Greg rang tonight to find out how to download Youtube clips for use in a sermon tomorrow. Terrific stuff, and certainly the way of the future. Though our church is excellent in many ways, there are times a data projector would add another dimension, I feel. I suspect it won't happen for many years, though.
Time for bed and to see if I can finish Breath, which would be good. Still gripping and just hope it ends as well as it started. Good night and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment