Thursday, July 9, 2009

TV sleeping

Kids asleep (and in their own beds which is a bonus); Al dozing on and off on one couch; me with laptop on the other couch - it's become a recent pattern of late night life in our household. It's 10.30 and we're watching a Grey's Anatomy with Izzy apparently coping with cancer treatment. I haven't watched a whole episode ever - I think - and so am not really paying a lot of attention now. I've been working away on my Powerpoint for Yr 10 RAVE on the history and customs of the Anglican Church - a pretty big project! - and now feel the need, the need for speed... or the need for blogging, really. Just found some cool blogs like the one below. Any anti-atheist blogs are welcome right now!
We finished watching the movie Ghost Town tonight, and I'd have to say it's pretty odd. Not very happy with direction/editing. Ricky Gervais seems unable to play his natural style of comedy and there are some very strange pauses in the flow of action. Tea Leoni seems uncomfortable - in fact, I think almost everyone seems uncomfortable here. Is it a poor man's Ghost / Truly Deeply Madly / Sixth Sense etc? Couldn't give it more than 2 stars.
Earlier today, I finally got around to seeing Evan Almighty which I am setting for all Yr 8 RAVE classes to see this term. I liked it quite a lot more than I expected. I read a great interview with the director Tom Shadyac after I saw Bruce Almighty where it seemed he had a very sound, liberal Christian view of the world. Good to see! Evan is not at all a fundo wacko movie, as I had feared, but should give classes quite a bit to discuss.
In other news to hand, I took the bandages off my knee this morning to survey the scars - not bad. 3 separate puncture wounds, and I was surprised to discover none at the back, which is where I had thought they would enter - guess not. Anyway, I'm still taking it slowly and hope the strength comes back soon.
Was hoping to make it into school today to get a few things organised but it didn't happen. In theory, I should be able to drive an automatic, but I just feel a bit unsure for some reason. Maybe I'll try tomorrow and see how it goes.
No on-line chess today, I'm pleased to report. Want to now go, take panadol etc so I don't wake up at 4am again, and keep reading Tim Winton's Breath, which I am seriously enjoying. Some great tips from a new blog I found tonight called www.conversiondiary.com (female atheist to Catholic) with 5 steps to belief. I'd encourage everyone to check it out!
'Til tomorrow, my brothers and sisters...

No comments:

Post a Comment