Monday, July 27, 2009

Quick chat

Ups and downs - curric chat with consultant went fine - will speak with her again in a couple of weeks. She threw me a little at first by saying her background was in RE and then mentioned she was friends with some of our neighbours!
Other classes OK - 12 Eng Comm was less volatile than usual because I took less crap from them and kept on the backs of the individuals most likely to bludge. About to ban the use of ipods in class altogether - some kids just spend all their class time fooling around with song selection rather than completing their assts.
Tomorrow should be another pleasant day of Edward Scissorhands, 12 Eng Comm again and then double Evan Almighty! Oh, and a silly evacuation drill at the end of p.2. Hope Lizzie is there so I don't have to be a warden, but I think I should be safe.
Verity very upset this afternoon that the Baby Born swimmer doll she has sought for so long managed only about 3 strokes before dying! I'll have another look at it tomorrow.
Off to bed and back to the Book Thief, which still hasn't quite grabbed me yet, but I guess it's early days. Nightie night.

No comments:

Post a Comment