Thursday, July 16, 2009

True Beauty

Time to be shallow! This isn't about the nature of beauty, it's the name of the latest ridiculous American reality show we're watching right now. Silly stuff - I'm going to bed asap after writing this. Can these pretty people really be so self-obsessed? Of course they can!
School was demanding in spots today - throat is still bad but at least I can still speak. Must go in tomorrow for big Yr 10 RAVE powerpoint lesson in the afternoon which has taken a lot of setting up across the 7 classes. Had quite a few IT issues today which were very annoying, including a profile problem which meant I couldn't log on to any computer in the school except my laptop - what a waste of time.
Told my Yr 12 Eng Comm class this afternoon they were the slackest class I've ever taught. I don't normally resort to negative comments of that kind - but no-one contradicted me! I added some qualifiers regarding the good kids, but then went ahead and cancelled library bookings because these kids are literally sitting around in the library doing nothing! How are we going to make it to the end of the year without coming to blows?
Started watching Gallipoli with Yr 11 today - having 2 female German visiting students in the class made it interesting. Some kids were disappointed to learn Mel Gibson was actually born in the US, though they were reassured when I told them about his time at NIDA etc. It's a great movie and good to watch via data projector on the 'big screen'. Then we need to get into our play 'The One Day of the Year' asap.
Al: has an interview with a company at Morningside next Wed as a part-time HR person. Will be her 1st job interview in a long time. If she gets an offer, we'll need to make some very crunchy decisions re: transport arrangements, kids' education, cooking - almost everything really! Interesting times.
I also got the usual letter from the QSA re: QCST, but this time telling me I'm a 'standby marker' - not sure if I'm interested in waiting around until the last possible day to see if I'm even needed or not during the first week of the September holidays. At most I could make about $1000 after tax for a week of marking papers - do we need it that much? Not sure! Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment