Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Struggling on

Well, cough is getting worse, I think. Must keep up olive extract / betadine / cough suppressants / pain relief / etc and see what happens. Al wants me to stay home from work but I just don't think it's quite that bad - it seemed to be OK for most of today, though admittedly I had very few classes so not much talking etc. Went to soccer tonight with Dec but obviously didn't run or shout so stood around chatting with the other dads, as you do. It's a bit funny that the dads chat with dads and the mums chat with the mums. Do we really have such gender-specific topics of conversation? Is there some unwritten code that we should avoid mingling unless spouses are present or something? It doesn't really bug me that much, just an observation.
Qld lost 3rd State of Origin tonight which is kind of disappointing in some ways but good in others. I always have a small sense of suspicion with some of these results - they seem written with future marketing in mind sometimes, I think. Paranoid! Conspiracy theory!
Still helping Rev Lizzie settle in - was a bit sad to hear that she has heard so little about her own commissioning service which is coming up. You'd think she'd be allowed to choose her own music etc! I hope she gets to have some input before it's too late.
Too many late nights in recent days - must head to bed very soon. Glad classes are organised and going well. Even though tomorrow is an 8-straight day, I'll be trying to keep it fairly low-key on my energy levels to try to survive the week. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment