Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Aths day 2009

Well, I haven't found out for sure but I'd be very confident indeed that my House won the Interhouse aths today, and Facebook tells me that we won the House Spirit trophy as well - good stuff (even though I'm not sure it was really deserved - but given all the rip-offs of the past, I'm not complaining). The win was based around kids deciding to turn up and compete (lots of empty spots from the other houses) and gutsy work by our usual suspects. Very few superstars who won lots, though Megan P is one for sure, as trained by Nigel B. A win for the good guys!

Also very pleasing was my trip in to see my orthopod godfather to be told my knee should be fine within 2 wks. He gave me some great colour photos taken inside my knee during the operation. What's pleasing is how bad the torn medial meniscus looks - it just reassures me that the operation was really necessary. Still don't know what the final damage to my wallet will be - an invoice is coming - but I'm guessing it could be up to $800, and that's after the private health insurance has reduced the cost. Oh well, I guess the upside is having a knee that works and will let me get back to the gym soon (badly needed in terms of my shape and mental outlook at present) and hopefully will last me for decades to come.

Al had a job interview today at a company on pretty much the other side of the city, to be a part-time HR manager for them. Went well, but as she says, it comes down to whether there was someone even better who applied. If she gets it, it will be good financially - it's $50000 pa for 2.5 days a week, not be sneezedat. The impact on our family's routine will be pretty dramatic - I'll need to be much more involved in getting kids ready for school, and they may have to go to before-school care at least one day per week, etc. As Al says, Verity won't mind that because she'll get to watch TV in the morning which we don't allow now. But we'll worry about those things once we know if Al has an offer.

Found my phone in my office this morning, as expected - thanks God!

All in all, not a bad day - teaching 8 straight tomorrow, so time to split. I'll hold off on a chat about the novel Breath until a better time pops up.

No comments:

Post a Comment