Saturday, August 1, 2009

Tipping

My little nephew and niece Felix and Maggie are in town and staying at my Mum's. Maggie is a great little kid - I think she's about 3. Felix is about 5 and pretty demanding. I hope he doesn't get diagnosed as hyperactive down the track, but it wouldn't surprise me if he does. He is very impulsive with not a lot of obedience when it comes to being told to be quieter or to do things. Hope my mum can survive the weekend! They'll be at the other grandparents' place tomorrow then we'll pop over to see Kates and co again on Monday afternoon.
Thought I was a clever footy tipper again today when Raiders wacked the Broncos 56-0 but lost the feeling again after 2 massive losses by other favourites. At least virtually everyone else tipped the same as me, so no drama but I don't see myself soaring up the ladder by the end of the season.
Played a lot of chess for my team on chessmaniac this week - probably a bit too much and I'm certainly cutting down. So far so good with results but I still have 14 games active now and there will inevitably be some losses there.
Took all 4 kids to some Prep kid's birthday today, held at Rowdy Rascals at Jindalee. It was very noisy indeed inside and I was already feeling a bit headachey before we arrived. The dad gave us some vouchers for drinks which was good. Had some chats with Jamie S, old Anglican Youth figure from way back - now the father of 7 kids. I remember he and Tammy marrying very young - probably one of the first AYM couples to get married - but they're still together, so there you go. Didn't get a lot out of him except that having 7 kids is pretty darn hard and makes travel virtually impossible! Apparently Tammy brings the kids to school on the BCC bus each morning, etc.
Very happy with the way the Curriculum Review is looking at school. Consultant seems to know her stuff, and I am hopeful we will actually be able to position the school in a way which sets us up for many years to come.
Have now discussed LSL options with quite a few people, but we actually have no solid plans. Al still hasn't heard back from the job she went for last week, so we don't know if we are in place for a sudden income boost or not. Am following a travel blog from a colleague who is off on his own LSL trip around the US and Canada with his wife at present. I feel jealous as anything but also still hopeful that we will be able to get over there next year sometime. Better start getting a passport together first.
Time for some bed and read a bit of Book Thief if I can. C u soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment