Sunday, June 21, 2009

Time for Kick-off

Hi folks,

It's the God HOD here. HOD is an acronym for Head Of Department and I guess you'll work out the rest. Really not sure what this blog is going to be about - very reluctant to go too public with some areas. I guess everyone gets rumbled sooner or later.
Maybe it'll just be a diary. Why don't I just save diary entries to My Docs then? Because I want things saved on some server somewhere - too afraid of IT failure at home?
Had a journal going for quite a while at The Open Diary way back but then had to go off-line for a long time and when I went back - it was all gone. Disappointed. They started auto-archiving things not much later but too late for me. Luckily I had copies of some key passages.
How much self-censorship? Who to name? Just had IT policy posted re: professionalism when using blogs etc. Well, don't worry - I'll be staying anon for now. Maybe this can be the personal diary and I'll set up others for work or whatever.
I had an idea many years ago to get a blog going with an entry for each day of my children's lives, detailing what they got up to, and not telling them about it for as long as possible. Goods and bads. Didn't do it, which is probably a shame in some ways but imagine doing that and then having your kids not care about, demand you delete it, etc!
I tried keeping all D's movie tickets but I've lost track of that too now - David Stratton, I'm not, I guess. Maybe I can at least get his and V's file-drawers straightened up these holidays, using folders for each year at least.
I'm always amazed at how much more photographed kids can be these days - digital cameras make it so simple and cheap. Not like when I was a kiddy, with expensive camera films, etc.
I've been thinking of 'restarting' this blog for quite a while now, but wanted to start on a "good day", not a sad one and hopefully one with action, not the mundane - bad luck!
Things on my mind - sore knee and upcoming operation; using holidays to do jobs (29 on the list this morning not including school work for next term); issues of faith and belief.
It's midnight - more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment