Wednesday, June 24, 2009

From Ikea to Origin

Took a trip down to the Ikea megastore. Can't believe they used to be on one side of the highway and they've moved the whole thing over to a new spot. Bought 2 sets of bookshelves and doors, probably for downstairs. Sick of books sitting on the floor down there - it is pretty silly. Fitting them into the Zafira not a problem.

Also took in the Ford to check muffler and transmission. Reckon it's going to be expensive and maybe fatal for that car, but don't want to have to cough up for a new one right now. Wilfred will call tomorrow a.m., I guess.

Built one of the bookcases with Declan tonight during the second Origin game. He did pretty well with his half of the jobs. The good guys won the game pretty emphatically too.

Awful soccer coaching tonight - a couple of the boys were really disobedient and painful. With Richard away, I had no markers, bibs or whistle and the goals were all locked away - I came home in need of food and a solid beer, both of which my beautiful wife provided. As I was nearly home from Ikea today, I remembered Alison hinting at bringing her back a present and so turned around and went back to Shoppingtown to get something - ended up getting the 15th Stephanie Plum book at Dymocks which proved very acceptable.

We're discussing blog ideas to have fun and make $: Al has a good one with Australian resources for older people - there are incredibly few sites giving older folks good ideas on how to remodel homes or get organised in various ways, other than govt sites or academic papers. I thought today about a blog for teachers and others to send in funny stories about things which have happened at school. It could be ranting which all teachers need to do from time to time, but I'm still thinking about it.

Haven't thought much about Samson and Delilah today, which is usually a pretty sure sign it didn't have a lot of impact on me, unfortunately. It's like a story which means well (I guess) but I just don't know if I could really recommend it. Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment