Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hotting up

OK, more home alone time today in which to accomplish miracles. Foremost is the Yr 10 RAVE course which needs to be created from almost scratch - topic: Anglican Church basics. I normally teach this by myself as a rotating unit to Yr 12s, but the Year 10 course really needs something "Anglican" and thus I am attempting to clone myself, so to speak. I'm also looking for any A/V assistance possible and am a little miffed that I know that there is a video sequence around somewhere of the Primate in his office, looking relaxed and chatting to unseen questioner about the role of Archbishop etc. This would be ideal as a school resource - so where the heck is the footage? I'm going looking for it - and when this detective gets on the case, I mean business.

I'm also looking for Youtube or other clips from films to help tell the Anglican story - maybe from Elizabeth or Golden Age. I didn't see The Other Boleyn Girl or whatever it was called but even with Aussie Eric Bana involved, I suspect it would be more about sex/nudity than the Anglican history I'm looking for, though I guess I should try to see it, just to rule it in or out.

(I got out Evan Almighty last night as well, with the idea of showing to all Yr 8 - will try to watch it today along with my other miracles.)

Looked up good sites re: basics of Anglicanism esp. some from Dunedin NZ and Texas. Need to combine these (with permission) and use stuff from Rev. Gillian M as well. Good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment