Friday, October 2, 2009

Scoop

11pm and all's well. My heel still a little sore at times and of course it's annoying to think that I may have to ban myself from the gym for a little while until it heals up. Just not sure it's up to a full-on Bodypump just yet. It was really quite freaky to walk across the rocks and sand at Brooms Head with my sandal slippery with my own blood - watching the red drops left on the rocks etc.
Anyway, watched Scoop (Woody Allen) tonight. Not a bad flick - plot kind of OK - Hugh Jackman and Scarlett Johannsen making a very attractive couple so easy on the eyes.
Now watching the end of Later with Jools Holland on ABC2 - kind of good stuff that I could get into the habit of watching if I didn't fall asleep by this time of a Friday.
We drove to the Jacksons to pick up my car from them this afternoon (having lent it so Lynette could get over to Bob & Jean's while we were away) and then I went to Aldi Oxley, mainly to buy an advertised whiteboard for $99. Turns out they sold out today which was pretty darn frustrating! I still loved the whole multicultural experience of shopping among a huge range of accents and overseas styles.
Al has finally got a Facebook page set up and has about 30 Friends so far. Good stuff!
Verity seems to be taking more of an interest in reading which is good. I read The Bear by Raymond Briggs to her tonight for what must surely be more than the hundredth time, but I guess it's all good. She's also into "Beanie Kids", the latest trend in separating parents from their money.
Declan also has a few BKs for some strange reason. He spent a lot of time today working on a huge origami creation for Verity's birthday coming up soon - good concentration and I hope they're both happy with it.
Looks like Al has finally convinced me to buy a kitten for us. I'm still very concerned about the practicalities of this (looking after it when we want to go away, expenses, etc) but it could be good for the kids in terms of advancing their sense of responsibility, etc.
Still haven't finished my school work yet and that's annoying but it's been a matter of willpower which I've failed. I guess there's always tomorrow, though I do wish I was heading off on Long Service Leave like Daven and wagging Term 4 altogether.
Very sleepy now so will head off. Finally finished my last chessmaniac game today with a long draw against a stronger player, so I'm happy with that. One less distraction, I guess. Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment